pavilion dv6 battery

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Computer could make 2 ' Jeopardy! ' champs deep blue,

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Computer could make 2 ' Jeopardy! ' champs deep blue,   Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:33 pm

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
"What Watson does possesses demonstrated is the ability to advance the field associated with artificial intelligence by kilometers, " he said.
Watson, named for IBM founder Thomas J. Watson, is reminiscent of IBM's famous Deep White computer, which defeated chess champ Garry Kasparov in 1997. But while chess is well-defined in addition to mathematical, "Jeopardy! " presents a more open-ended challenge involving troves regarding information and Acer desire 1315 battery聽complexities of human language that may confound a normal computer system.
"Language is ambiguous; it's contextual; it's implicit, " said IBM scientist Jesse Ferrucci, a leader of the Watson team. Sorting out the context - especially in a game show filled with the help of hints and jokes - can be an enormous job for your computer, which also must analyze how certain it is of an answer and whether it should risk a guess, he said.
The massive computer was not behind its podium relating to Jennings and Rutter; instead it was represented by an IBM Smart Planet icon when using LCD screen.
<! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->

<! --
AB_pos = "intext";
AB_lang = "en";
AB_cat_channel = "0016438529, ";
AB_path = "http: //d21j60o022fwiu. cloudfront. net/";
document. write(unescape("%3Cscript src='http: //d21j60o022fwiu. cloudfront. net/gads/controller3. js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
//-->

google_ad_channel = "7940249670, " + AB_cat_channel + AB_unit_channel;
google_language = "en";
google_ad_region = 'test';

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
The practice round was played on a stage at an IBM study center in Yorktown Heights, 38 miles north of Manhattan and across the country from the game show's house in Culver City, Calif. A real contest among the some, to be televised February. 14-16, will be competed at IBM on Weekend.
Watson tore through some sort of category HP pavilion dv6000 battery聽about women's archaeologists, repeatedly activating any mechanical button before as well Ken Jennings or Brad Rutter might buzz in, then nailing this questions: "What is Jericho? " "What is Crete? "
Its gentle male voice even scored a laugh when it said, "Let's finish 'Chicks Dig Me. '"
The winner of the televised match will turn out to be awarded $1 million. Second place gets $300, 000, third place $200, 000. IBM, which has headquarters in Armonk, said it would give its winnings to be able to charity while Jennings and Rutter said they can give away half theirs.
In a question-and-answer session with reporters as soon as the practice round, Rutter and Jennings made joking reference to the jump in engineering Watson represents.
"When Watson's progeny Acer aspire 1300 battery聽comes back to kill me from the long run, " Rutter said, "I have my escape route planned just in case. "
Jennings said someone encouraged his challenge was like the legend of John Henry, the 19th-century laborer so, who beat a steam drill in a contest but died from the effort. Jennings prefers a comparison to "Terminator, " where the hero was a little more resilient.
"I had a friend tell me, 'Remember John Henry, the steel-drivin' male. ' And I seemed to be like... 'Remember John Connor! '" Jennings said. "We're gonna take this guy out! " <! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pavilion-dv6.createforum.co.uk

Computer could make 2 ' Jeopardy! ' champs deep blue,
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1